|
Once upon a time a little ant went to a river.
很久很久以前,有一只小蚂蚁来到了河边。
"I will see what it is like in the river," he said.
他说:“我要看看在河里是什么感觉。”
He went down, down, down.
他往下滑啊滑。
But he fell into the river and he could not get out.
然后,他掉进了河里,却没有办法上岸了。
"Help! Help!" called the ant.
“救命啊,救命!”蚂蚁大叫着。
"What can I do?"
“我该怎么办呢?”
A dove saw the ant in the river.
一只鸽子看见了河里的蚂蚁。
"I will help you," she said.
“我来救你。”她说,
"I have got a leaf."
“我找到了一片树叶。”
The dove put the leaf in the river.
鸽子把树叶放到河面上。
"Get on the leaf," she said.
鸽子说:“爬到树叶上。”
The dove put the leaf in the river.
鸽子把树叶放到河面上。
"Get on the leaf," she said.
鸽子说:“爬到树叶上。”
The ant said to the dove, "One day I will help you."
蚂蚁对鸽子说:“总有一天,我也会帮助你的。”
The dove said to the ant, "You are too little to help."
鸽子对蚂蚁说:“你太小了,帮不了我的。”
One day a man saw the dove.
一天,一个人看见了这只鸽子。
The man had a bow and arrow.
他拿着一张弓和一支箭。
"I will get you," said the man.
他说:“我要射中你。”
The ant saw the man.
蚂蚁看见了要射箭的人。
"Now I can help the dove," he said. "I can stop the man."
“现在,我可以帮鸽子的忙了。”他说,“我可以让他停下来。”
The ant did stop the man.
蚂蚁真的阻止了射箭的人的行动。
"Ow! Ow! Ow!" said the man.
“哎呦!哎呦!哎呦!”射箭的人叫道。
The man jumped up and down and the arrow went into the river.
他蹦来蹦去,他的箭掉进了河里。
"I did help you," said the ant.
蚂蚁说:“我终于帮上你了。”
"Yes, you did," said the dove.
鸽子说:“是的,你帮助了我。”
|
|